Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Wings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Wings?

I recently came across some smoked pork shank being sold in a walk up restaurant as "Pork Wings". I tried an order ($4.95 for two) and they weren't bad. But not up to my quality desire. I would like to find out more about obtaining some in the raw and play around a little with them on the PBC, but they couldn't/wouldn't tell me anything except that they get them frozen and raw by the box. Does anybody have any info about this pork cut?

I've got nothing. Never heard of pigs flying.

Comment

A bar nearby sells them during Happy Hour. Here's some info about the cut...
      Essentially a pork shank, the pig wing is cut from the fibula of the pig. Serve deep fried, accompanied by a cold beer.

Comment

Farmland (foodservice distributor) calls them

Farmland KC Wild Wing Pork Shank

Amazon sells them by the case

Knowing what they are, you might be able to find someone local who sells them in smaller quantities.

Best regards,
        Jim

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't know why I couldn't find that, but that's what teamwork is all about😁

Comment

Holy crap $11 a pound for some funky pig cut that would be ground into sausage that sells $3 a pound. No thanks. I will stick with the already over priced chicken wings (that used to get ground up for dog food)

Comment

They're pretty good bar food ... and the tasty factor goes up in direct proportion to the amount of beer consumed ... ...
              Last edited by MBMorgan; July 5, 2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• JCGrill
                JCGrill commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got a theory on that. Everything tastes better with more beer, until the threshold is achieved, at which point nothing tastes good (or even looks good).

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here