Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs ribs ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs ribs ribs

I have been smoking ribs for 3 out of four days!

Friday: can you make ribs for the surprise party tonight? Good thing I work from home !

Saturday: oh hey so and so is coming over can you make ribs? Suuuuureeee

Sunday: day of rest and brats

Monday: so and so is in town and coming over for dinner, they really want to try your ribs. Good thing I work from home!

3 days, 3 racks, and not a single rack left, living the good life!

Props to my GMG that allows me to set it and forget it, I wouldn't able to do this without it.

Your a very good host. I'll let you know when I'm in town.

Comment

You going to fly in on the Hawker? If your ever in the Milwaukee area I'm good for beer and BBQ.

Comment

Hey, you let me know when I am in town. Love dem wibs!

Comment

I need to max out the PBC with ribs (SLC's) this Saturday. Somebody wants 7 racks but I would prefer to cut them in half so I can run at least 275 and not burn up the ends too bad. I may trim off the thinner ends and run them on the 26 while the rest roll in the PBC.

Comment

No pictures with all those ribs? I do love ribs!

Comment

I like doing ribs, it is a short cook and pretty easy.

Comment

Absolutely! I think of ribs as the best payoff for the amount of time spent. Brisket is a big crowd pleaser at my place, but they also love my ribs and I can do those on fairly short notice.

Comment

Tomorrow I am doing 3 racks of ribs on a Barrel House Smoker which will be anointed with my version of Texas BBQ sauce, and my wife made potato salad from a 100+ year old family recipe. Life is good.

Comment

2 thumbs up on the ribs and being a great host and the CMG. I LOVE my Daniel Boone.

Comment

I'm lucky in that my local meat market has great baby back ribs and St. Louis spares on sale for $2.99/lb. That's a really good price for these parts. I plan to test the limits of my KBQ on these.

@Lo-N-Slo: care to share that potato salad recipe? I'm always up for killer side dishes.

Comment

I'm new here so not sure if this is where I post my question or not but here it goes.
                        Somked 6 racks of ribs to today on a Royall pellet smoker.
                        Used the 4-1-1 Method at 225 degrees.
                        I used my Jerky rack so there were 3 racks of ribs on each rack.
                        2 of the racks were done in about 6 hrs and 15 min. 2 others were done in 6 hrs and 30 min and the last 2 were done in 7 hr 30 min.
                        The racks were close to the same thickness, however the thickest rack was done in 6hrs 30 min.
                        It did not matter if the ribs were on the lowest or highest rack, they all were done at different times.
                        any ideas about the time difference?
                        Thanks
                        Sparky 51

Comment

• Breadhead
                          Breadhead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The first question is what was your method of determining the doneness of each rack?

The bend method.

Comment

• Breadhead
                          Breadhead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Defiantly the BBQ God's screwing with your mind...😬 Logically there's no way the heaviest rack should have been done before a lighter rack.😑 Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders, sip some more whiskey, and smile.πŸ‘

Well........ your right. It was a good excuse to pour another single maltπŸ‘

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here