Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless Pork Ribs

I can't seem to find much on this here. I just bought a pack of boneless pork ribs. (wife is away this weekend, just playing on the grill). I would like to slow cook them. What temp should I cook them to? I know pullled pork is 203, and ribs normally are done with a "bend test". Any suggestions? is 180 about right?

I have a picture of what I picked up while at the store:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	330427

Cost me less than $5, so I am open to trying something new, any ideas?

Thanks!

Looks like loin meat to me. pre-seasoned. low and slow probably won't help much... just cook to temp. but let us know how that turns out for you.

Comment

Yup, looks like sirloin chops. you can cook those any which way as long as you dont dry them out. there are different muscles there so cook them to the whitest as that will be the leanest. honestly, i bread mine and fry them. Really good.

Comment

Yes, they are pre-seasoned. I may bump the cooking temp a bit. I am cooking them on a gasser with a smoking tube (trying out some new pellets). I have a Maverick 732, so I will see how the temp balances out - using a two zone method, with water pan under the meat.

Comment

I cooked them up this afternoon. I let the grill go to about 300, then back off to 275. They really came out good. I little dry, but that was expected with such small cuts. They were really tender.

I let them reach 190, then put sauce on them and put them on a hotter section for about 1 min each side, twice. see pictures below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	330557Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0433.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	330558

Comment

Maybe country ribs?

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what I was thinking.

• Lowjiber
              Lowjiber commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too.

Looks good. I wish I could have a little.

Comment

Great Job, those look yummy!!!

Comment

Those look similar to Country Ribs to me too. They look great!

Comment

Thanks! It is fun to play around and see what happens. This one turned out pretty good.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here