Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A shout out to Meathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shout out to Meathead

I smoked a pork butt this weekend and follow your book to a tee, best pork butt i ever made. Thanks

Someone is going to have to fill me in because I still can't figure out who this Meateball is......

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you need some new glasses....
      At 50 feet and I'm holding up 2 fingers how many do you see. Haaaaaaaaaa.
      How you doing these days Jerod? Haven't bs'd with you in a while.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      SteveB. Got the glasses on, heck yeah I know Meathead!!

Oh theman56 Any pics? You know what they say here.

Comment

• theman56
      theman56 commented
      Editing a comment
      i should have time tomorrow, got to download from my phone.

That's right what pork butt. I'll bet you didn't even read the book or know who Meathead or Meateball are.

Comment

It's startin' to come back, I think...
      Din't he have a couple o' albums, late '70's, early '80's, like???

Comment

• NortheastAl
        NortheastAl commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, that was Meatloafer.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, thanks!!! It was kinda fuzzy, like, fer some reason(s)!
        Many Thanks to Meathead, an' Co'!!!

I was thinking about a sitcom with some guy who later directed a couple of movies.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Crossed my mind, as well...

Hmm. The "meatloaf " comment got me thinking

Comment

Used to be a fella around these here parts, called himself meathead, meatball, meatloaf or somethin of the sorts. Had a white beard, wore red frequently, had a hardy laugh, and tended to be a jolly sort of guy when you got him talkin about food and as long as you didn't mention beer can chicken... Not sure what happened to him. Rumor has it and some folks claim that he may have been Santa Clause or got a part time gig as a fill in Santa because of the influx of grown folks requesting more BBQ supplies and toys for Christmas. Just don't mention beer can chicken, lighter fluid, soaking wood chips, or bimetal thermometers and you should stay off his naughty list... Follow his recipes to the letter, dry brine, and use a digital thermometer and you should make the nice list.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh! I need a Thermothingy fer cooken. I know, let's ask that meat guy why they put them on my kettle domes.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here