Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork - Everythng Worked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork - Everythng Worked!

I did my second pulled pork yesterday and it was Great! I applied several of the techniques recommended on this site, including the Snake method, a Thermoworks Smoke and, later, one of their instant read thermometers. I dry brined the meat overnight, and applied the Memphis Dust rub in the morning while the grill was heating up.

Everything worked, though it took me a fair amount of work to keep the grill temp below 290, which I did, adjusting vents, knocking out ash, and even removing some charcoal later on as a last resort. The grill settled at about 260 for most of the cook, with a low of 219 and a high of 280. Oh, and I used a combination of apple and hickory chunks.

The pork stalled at 154, and I kept it there for over two hours before adding more charcoal to increase the temp. Once the meat hit 175, I placed it in a foil lasagna pan and tightly covered the top with heavy duty aluminum foil. At this point the meat had been on the bbq for 6.5 hours, so I placed it in the oven at 300 for an hour. I checked the internal temp and it hit 203 exactly. I put it back in the oven on warm for almost another hour. It turned out great, my whole family loved it!

Here are some pix. Thank you to everyone who shares their barbecue knowledge and experience on this site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0276.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	325957

Name:	IMG_0278.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	325960

Name:	IMG_0291.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	325958

Name:	IMG_0292.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	325959

Nice work, that looks very juicy and inviting. Keep it up!

Comment

Awesome. High temps ain't nothin' on a butt, but you might have a leaky lid keeping your temps higher than what you want. Big binder clips work great. I have 'em for both my kettles. One day I'll apply some gaskets.

Comment

• Brianthepoet
        Brianthepoet commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jerod. I wonder if temp control is easier with the Slow N' Sear. I'd appreciate any thoughts you or anyone else have on that. It's a tempting contraption, but pricey, and I'd hate to pay that price without getting better results.

Looks delicious, from here!
      Fine Job!!!!

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Excellent! I can almost smell it!

Comment

Looks like a great job to me.

Comment

Great Job!!

Comment

Beautiful. Chasing the temps is something that happens to everyone now and than. But looks like you got it down this time. Nice job

Comment

Very nice!!! Looks killer. I nice work with the snake method. I love it!

Comment

Definitely a good looking butt you got there (pork that is)

Comment

Nice cook!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here