Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PBC pork butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PBC pork butt

4.5 lb bone in pork butt tied, salt and peppered & hooked getting ready to hang
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	324921

Decided today to just let the PBC do its thing. Going with no temp monitoring since rain might come thru in a couple of hours. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1286.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	324936

Comment

Have fun. I cooked a little chicken and some rib tips yesterday just because I was bored. Gonna run 2 racks and a butt through the PBC tomorrow to feed a few people. I didn't monitor my temps yesterday, just spot checked the chicken to make sure it was done before pulling it. For some stupid reason I cut the tips up instead of leaving it in 1 piece, so I didn't even get a bend test out of that... Not half bad though.

Comment

1 hour and 20 minutes in 126 degrees

Name:	IMG_1287.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	324981

Comment

Very nice!! Keep the sucker hooked up!!

Comment

Looking happy!

Comment

160 time to wrap

Name:	IMG_1288.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	325061

Comment

Took off of the PBC at 203 degrees. Put in the oven that was set to 170 degrees (lowest I could set it) to hold for an hour. Yummyness resulted.

Name:	IMG_1290.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	325191

Comment

Name:	IMG_1291.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	325194 Pulled so easy

Comment

Served with some Velveta shells and cheese Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1294.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	325196

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's my kind of plate! Frank's red hot on mac/cheese sounds good to me and that's some juicy looking pork.

• ssandy_561
                      ssandy_561 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just served the pork as is. Spooned a bit of the juice that was in the foil over top and that was it.

• treesmacker
                      treesmacker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, Velveta - and your cook together = heaven!

Very nice. Sounds like a great PBC weekend for you.

Kathryn

Comment

Hand shredded what was left over. Now I'll just have to decide what to do with it on Wednesday. Sweet Baby Ray Sliders or pork tacos with onions, cilantro and lime.

Name:	IMG_1295.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	325235

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here