Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for my first pulled pork cook Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, everyone. Question: I just wrapped my pork. I was cooking at 145 degrees but I need to serve in two hours, at I'm still at 175 internal temp. Since I'm foiled, can I up the temp to 185-300 to get this done quicker. I still would like to hold it for one hour when it hits probe-tenderness. Thanks!

Comment

Smoking77 Looks like we left you stranded out here without an answer. Sorry about that! I assume your Pit temp was 245 not 145? My answer would have been yes. If the meat is wrapped you can push the temp up to 300 no problem to get er done. As many have stated Pork Butt is very forgiving! I'm guessing you didn't have time to cambro though...

Comment

Originally posted by PJBowmaster View Post
        Smoking77 Looks like we left you stranded out here without an answer. Sorry about that! I assume your Pit temp was 245 not 145? My answer would have been yes. If the meat is wrapped you can push the temp up to 300 no problem to get er done. As many have stated Pork Butt is very forgiving! I'm guessing you didn't have time to cambro though...
        PJBowmaster No worries! Yes, I did mean 245. I ended up pushing the temp to 300, and it turned out great! I didn't have time to cambro though, so I'm looking forward to trying again when I can hold it for a few hours. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and knowledge. This site has really improved my cooking game, and I'm only at the beginning. I can't believe that six months ago I was checking my steak's doneness by doing the palm test!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	326093
        Click image for larger version

Name:	pork2.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	326094

Comment

Looks great!!!

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Looks like it came out great!!!
          So glad it all worked out for ya'!
          Good Job!

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, kindly!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Anytime, Smoking77 !
            That's jus' how it works, leastwise, 'round these parts!

Looks smoked and pulled... mission complete! Congrats!

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Looks great! You know you've got it when the bark starts splitting.

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, thank you. The bark was de-licious!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here