Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuts to knots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuts to knots!

I have a 6 lb boneless butt on the Weber now. Since it's boneless, it needed to be tied. Actually, it came wrapped in the netting you sometimes see. But I didn't want that netting to pull the bark off, so I removed it and tied it so it would keep it's shape. And that got me to thinking. I really need to learn a butchers knot. So I googled it and came p with two different knots that are linked below in case anyone else needs the info. The second one seems a bit easier to learn, but both look like they will get the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvUhBPkoLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6-Qcdzsp8U

The netting pulling bark off - I've learned that lesson the hard way. I also tie my boneless butts but I usually remove the plastic packaging.
    Nice videos thanks for posting.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean you're supposed to take off the plastic?? OOPS! JK, BTW :-P

The Costco lamb leg has that netting. Learned the hard way!

Comment

Most videos of a "butcher's knot" that I've seen are just variations on a slip knot with a locking throw on top to hold it. If you want to show off or go fast like the "pros" you can study the videos, but getting the job done just involves looking at what they end up with more than how they get there. Check out: http://www.animatedknots.com/butchers/#ScrollPoint Don't make hard work out of it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here