Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want my baby back, baby back ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my baby back, baby back ribs

First big cook of the summer. Finally got a really nice weekend in Western WA .... cooking 3 slabs of baby backs and chicken today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1482.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	321932Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1483.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	321931

WSM has settled in nice and steady

Name:	IMG_1484.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	321936

Comment

Hmmmm, them look like loin back ribs, no baby to it.

Comment

Nice start to a great cook.
        How do you like the fireboard? Just ordered 1 myself. Can't wait to get it.

Comment

Looking good ecowper

Comment

Jerod Broussard .... those are definitely loin back ribs. Got 'em at Costco. But that song doesn't work with "loin back ribs"

Steve B .... I totally love the Fireboard. Greatest thermometer I've ever had. My wife got it for me for Christmas. Here's my review of it

I got a Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition for Christmas. My wife knew I wanted one. She also, I'm pretty sure, is tired of me complaining about not having enough

Ribs have been on 90 minutes now. Probably need another 2.5 to 3 hours.

Name:	IMG_0589.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	321982

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. I remember reading your review. It's good to see you still love it.
              And
              Those ribs are looking mighty purdy.

Looks great man! I LOVE my FireBoard. Sometimes I just turn in on and leave it in the bar so I have something to graph!

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Hah! You must be as much of a data geek as I am

Looking good! I'll echo the love for my Fireboard! Greatest thermometer I've found.

Comment

Final spread

Name:	IMG_1491.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	322131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1492.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	322132Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1493.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	322133

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Wow, the shrinkage on those ribs in the second pic is astounding!!

Just had some pulled chuck roast....BBQ is gooooooooooooooooood!!!

Sweet counter top.

Comment

Jerod Broussard yeah, cause those ribs were on the same sheet in the uncooked and final cooked pictures. I guess about 25% shrink.

Mmmmmm, pulled chuckie!

Yeah, I do love those counters ...... manufactured quartz ..... stands up to anything. After 10 years, and my wife and I cook a lot and work hard in the kitchen, we have one chipped edge. Well worth every penny we spent on them. The only bad thing, because of their color and pattern, it's really hard to see food and grease on the counter

Comment

The chickens came to visit while I was cooking .... wanted to know where Uncle Mr. Bones was!

Name:	IMG_1471.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	322162

Name:	IMG_1473.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	322163

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awwww, they're SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!
                        Give 'em a kiss on th' beaks from Uncle Bones!!!

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The one that hopped on the table is pretty bold. They totally love their Unlce Bones!

Very nice cook ecowper You got a nice spread there.
                      But ya might wanna keep those chickens away from Mr. Bones I could see them in one of his resurrected Webers.

Comment

Great lookin' cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here