Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After burner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After burner!

So, I was lazy today but wanted to grill something. In Belgium, there is a cut of pork called "Spiringue de Porc". To me it seems like a cut off the shoulder, because it's fatty and tender when grilled. It acts almost identically like a sirloin steak. Well, today I salted her up and rubbed a little magic on her and went to town.

Next time I'll cook it over a little less intense heat though. This cut was a little too tough for me with the high intense heat....maybe medium grill with a creamed butter mushroom sauce...yeaaaa...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2697.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	321491
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2696.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	321492

Try Meatheads reverse sear, low and slow until internal temp reaches desired temp, then put on the after burners to give it the beautiful char look. Enjoy your day, any day grilling beats a day working.
    Rich

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the number. BTW, looks like what we'd call a shoulder or blade chop in the US - nice piece of meat!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here