Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tenderloin

Does anyone have a recipe for Pork tenderloin?

Welcome to fun and learning! I dont have one, but I've read three in the forums over the last two months. I'll dig a little and see what I can find.

Comment

Here's some information:

I had never cooked a pork tenderloin, but it always sounded like it would be delicious. So this weekend I impulse bought a tenderloin at the grocery store near

I don't think I like pork tenderloin. I cooked up a couple last night. Simple, just oil, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt ,pepper and garlic. Put a little water in

Comment

://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...sour_pork.html

and welcome to the Pit.
        Last edited by DWCowles; May 17, 2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          This looks good, I made a tenderloin last night that I may work into this. Thanks.

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here! Good Luck with the Tenderloin!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Welcome (johnmilner) . Enjoy The Pit! When I make pork tenderloin I simply season it with any favorite seasoning blend that contains some salt and grill at 350-400 until internal temp reaches 140-145. Be careful to not overcook! A simple sauce to serve is BBQ Sauce and Jelly mixed 1/1 and warmed until jelly is melted. Good luck!

Comment

2lb whole pork tenderloin placed in a ziplock bag.
              Pour in about 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce
              1/8 cup Soy Sauce
              and 2 TBS of Molasses
              Squeeze out the excess air so the entire loin is submerged in the liquid. Place it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
              Remove the loin from the marinade and allow the excess to drip off. Lay out a piece of aluminum foil big enough to create a foil boat. Place the loin on the foil…

And season it with:

Cavender’s greek seasoning
              garlic powder
              onion powder
              black pepper
              Bring the foil up and around the loin be sure to join the ends so no liquid will escape. Pour about ¼ of the marinade along the side the loin.

Fire up the grill to 300 degrees and place the foil pack on the grate. I threw a chunk of apple wood on the fire to produce a little smoke. After 30 minutes remove the loin from the smoker, and place it on direct med. High heat.

Let the loin cook for 2 minutes and roll it 45 degrees. Set the timer for 2 more minutes and baste each side of the loin with the liquid from the foil as it is turned.

Continue cooking and turning until all sides have been seared for a total of 8 min. At this point when a thermometer is inserted into the middle of the loin it will be 140 degrees which is exactly where it should be. Remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

Comment

I did 2 last night. put them overnight in a ziplock bag with Weber mesquite marinade and cooked over Charcoal in my weber. I went hot and fast flipping every 3 minutes or so until 145. They were great. I have also smoked in my pellet cooker to 120 then seared, either way is fantastic.

Comment

I did a couple of bar towel tenderloins at a recent eggfest.

The recipe is on the Naked Whiz website. Basically you put your favorite rub on two tenderloins. Then you take a 100% cotton bar towel wet and wring it out, then dump a 3 lb. box of kosher salt on the towel and even it out (let that sit for 10 min while the salt absorbs some moisture). Then wrap the tenderloins in the salt & towel & tie both ends and the middle with twine. Put that directly on the coals and turn every 15 min til the IT reaches about 145. Then crack open the salt crust that forms & pull out the tenderloins. Knock off as much of the remaining salt as you can and slice.

The juiciest tenderloin ever! It was a big hit at the eggfest.

Comment

Wrap it in bacon. Double pork, and you never go wrong with bacon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here