Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Perfectly Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard. If I got this right this is only your second cook like this. Excellent job. The pull looks like,well as you said, perfect.

Comment

Welcome and great job! That is very encouraging for me, as I am not as far along as you yet. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Yes!!!! Great job!!! I am glad we could help. You will find The Pit to be a great place to hang out and master cooks just like this one! We hope to see more from you! Don't be a stranger!

Comment

Nice cook! I keep getting this funny image in my head of a bunch of Brits chowing down on American BBQ, in the UK no less! There have got to be some flavors that no one has ever tasted.

Comment

OneEyedJack I grew up in South Africa, and BBQ (braai) is in our blood. I've now been in the UK for 9 years and have not succumbed to the culture of burnt sausages and grey burgers. Buy good meat. Treat and prepare it properly. Don't over cook your meat. Etc.

You're right about different flavours. But let's face it, an honest, simply spiced and properly seared fillet steak is going to be a winner no matter where you're from!

Comment

Spinaker I'm absolutely thrilled at the response to this post. How encouraging! I'll definitely be hanging about, reporting back!

Quick question: can I post a video? Or is a link to YouTube best? I have a short clip of the pull, using my bear claws!

Comment

Originally posted by denhamcoote View Post
                Spinaker I'm absolutely thrilled at the response to this post. How encouraging! I'll definitely be hanging about, reporting back!

Quick question: can I post a video? Or is a link to YouTube best? I have a short clip of the pull, using my bear claws!
                Yep! I told you this is a great place!
                To Post a video, Click the "A" button, above your text box. (It's the one in the middle, between the paper clip and the smiley face.) This gives you a tool bar. On the bottom row of the left hand side, click the fourth icon from the left.(It looks like a film strip.) Then copy and paste your URL.
                Thats it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Keep the Smoke Rollin'!

-Spinaker

Comment

Here's a video of the pull. Bear claws are awesome!

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks wonderful. I'm hungry!

Nice job on the cook! Thank you for posting your notes and pics. And he video was a nice touch!!

Comment

Pulled pork-yum. Need I say more?

Comment

Welcome and great job! Love to see pics of others' setups and reports of successful cooks! Even unsuccessful ones, so I can try to avoid some of the same pitfalls! Thanks for sharing.

Lord, I know what you mean about UK tastes... I spent a year in Ireland and it's pretty similar, I think. Everything was bland and blech!

Comment

Great job, @denhamcoote !

How many people did you feed with that beautiful butt? How did you serve it? Tacos? Sandwiches?

I couldn't get the video to go full screen at first, but once it started plying I clicked on the title at the top, and it went to a new tab at YouTube, which I could play at full screen. The only drawback was that I had to sit through a commercial before I could watch the video.
                        Last edited by gcdmd; May 20, 2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Fantastic cook! Loved the run-through and the pics, very nice all around. Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

• denhamcoote
                            denhamcoote commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you! Have received an exceptionally warm welcome from the community. Will definitely post a few more reports!

gcdmd This was for about 10 on the day, then there was a good amount of leftovers for the next day. Did them in brioche buns with a selection of sauces/toppings/sides (BBQ, mustard, harissa ketchup, coleslaw, beans, etc)

In addition to the pulled pork I did reverse seared steaks, blasphemous buffalo wings, pork belly slices, grilled vegetables, spuds in the coals, and a few other bits.

Sorry about the ad - I don't think I've got any control over what ads YouTube makes us watch. (Correct me if I'm mistaken!)

Comment

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great cook man! I love the video! Looks like you killed it. Where are the pics of all the rest of the food!?!?

• gcdmd
                            gcdmd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That sounds like quite a feed. You hit it out of the park.

No problem on the ad. It was brief. It just goes with the territory when you watch YouTube.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here