Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internal Temp for Money Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atalanta
    replied
    When we SV pork chops, we do them to 135-140F. Half the time we then sear them in some cuban spices and make cubanos. I think our tenderloin we bake to about 140 and let it rest where it runs to 145.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Good info to have! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BBQbot
    replied
    Just in case you don't pull anyway, here are a couple thoughts:
    1. 203 won't be sliceable, it will fall apart.
    2. Depending on how long it takes to come up to temp, 190 might be falling apart when you slice too. The breakdown of all the collagen is a function of time and temp. If you're at a high enough temp for the meat to break down, but low enough where the internal meat temp is moving up slowly, it will be pullable well before you hit 200.
    3. I'd start checking it for tenderness when it hits 170.
    4. Note: The money muscle will often times cook faster because it's on the end, and you may want to trim around it to expose more to the heat so you get more crust.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    The more I look into making the sandwich the more I think I'm going to pull the pork anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    started a topic Internal Temp for Money Meat?

Internal Temp for Money Meat?

Good Morning!

I have a 2lb 3.3 oz boneless pork butt ( cut it myself! ) that will be cooked up for making Cubanos. What is the internal temperature that I need to cook it to in order to just slice the meat instead of pulling it? Somewhere I think I read 203, but somewhere I think I read that the butt was actually done in the 190's.

Thanks!

--Ed

( Aside. We watched the movie Chef (hilarious) last night, so there's the insipiration for Cubanos. During one scene, the cast stopped by Franklin's and had some brisket with none other... )

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here