Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St Louis or baby back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Louis or baby back?

St Louis ribs
    75.86%
    Baby back ribs
    24.14%

Love me some St.Louis Ribs!! I love the uniformity of the ribs. I don't really care for all the thick loin meat on BBs' .

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto

• BBQbot
      BBQbot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm usually in the same camp here, but once in awhile, you get some great marbling in that (often times lean) loin meat. And when you get a babyback with that marbling, it's pretty great eating.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Baby backs certainly have their day. BBQbot

Personal preference, I'd say. I'm a spareribs (including SLC) guy myself. Seems like more collagen and interesting stuff to cook down. In fact, when I get done working I'm prepping a couple of racks for tomorrow!

Comment

Baby Backs all the way. I think they are meatier and more delicious than the St. Louis!

Comment

Both! Nonetheless, I voted BBs--and meaty ones at that.

Comment

I voted for st Louis style as they came out better than my baby backs did but I am so new to this my vote should probably not count any way LOL

Comment

• GadjetGriller
            GadjetGriller commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in the same boat as you Amajeff99. I have not had good results with BB but the SL have consistently come out great. But if somebody else cooks them I'll take either one!!

Can I have one slab of each, please?
          I love both, cook baby backs more often, unless I fire up th' stickburner...
          Then I load 'er up with both!

Comment

I'm with EdF & the spare ribs. I'll trim to St. Louie & have all the goodies that come with it as frosting on the cake. Plus, the cheapskate that I am, it is the lowest cost product in my parts. Then again, @Larry047 has a good idea. Well, maybe Mr. Bones 'S camp is good to. Hey. Whose idea was it that we have to chose anyway. I think this poll is extremely unfair. I say EAT! EAT! & EAT! Let our digestive systems decide.

Comment

I'll eat whatever someone puts in front of me, but I mostly buy St Louis.

Comment

My vote too is actually spares! Anyone offended by watching me nibble on cartilage tips is probably someone I don't want to "break bread" with anyway.

Comment

I was raised a baby back guy... but after reading here, reading Meathead's book, and watching some videos online, I decided I might be wrong about that and gave a slab of St. Louis a try recently and loved them. Have another three racks on right now, and I may just be a convert...

Comment

I like Both, but have been doing the Baby Backs because the wife likes them better.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good Call!

Gotta go with the spares....

although i wont turn down someone serving me some baby backs.

Comment

Spares. If you had run the same poll 15 years ago it would have been the opposite. Not a thing wrong with the baby back ribs but I haven't cooked them as regularly for awhile. I love a good sauce on baby backs and little, if no sauce, on St. Louis'.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sweet! Do ya' do yer SLC's Memphis~ish, with yer own tweaks?
                        Always tryin' to learn new stuff, everyday!!!

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mr. Bones - I use my beef rub as a base - salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, lemon powder, a couple types of chili powders and then either a cajun rub or my chicken rub - no salt,

I started on St. Louis cut spares and they are my fav!!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Get on the rib list!!!!

• PaulstheRibList
                        PaulstheRibList commented
                        Editing a comment
                        #Exactly!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here