Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just hung a slab of SLC ribs in the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hung a slab of SLC ribs in the PBC

Last minute decision so no dry brine. Went with the KISS method plus some cayenne. Will be using Lilly's apricot glaze with a little balsamic reduction and ancho chile for added kick. I'm thinking glaze last 20 minutes no wrap. Tried not posting to win GMG to no avail but congrats to this month's winner, a month really? Lucky B@#%$&@#!!! So advice as always is appreciated. PBC is running about 200,

I guess that is a good thing about being exempt. If I get pulled, I get thrown out.

I like all the ingredients you listed AFTER mentioning the KISS method. hehehe

Comment

• Iron Bulldog
      Iron Bulldog commented
      Editing a comment
      Went that way due to time restrictions no choice, last minute.

If your PBC is running at 200 F, that might be a bit low. Try to crack the lid a bit to kick that temp up an little bit. I like to cook ribs at about 275 F in the PBC.

Send us some action shots! I am with Jerod Broussard , everything after KISS is not exactly KISS. But who's keeping track?

Good luck with your cook. Let us know how it goes.

*When I first saw your avatar, I thought you were George Clinton! LOL

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You bet! That's why The Pit is here! If you can, post your results. We love bragging rights. Iron Bulldog

• Iron Bulldog
      Iron Bulldog commented
      Editing a comment
      Cruising along at 290 now. Glaze at last 20 minutes you think? Don't want to burn sugar.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the last 20 minutes is what I would do. Make sure the lid is back on, tight. You don't want that fire getting away from you. Iron Bulldog

I want to see that glaze!

Comment

Yeah! Bring on that glaze!!!

Comment

• Iron Bulldog
        Iron Bulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        2 hours in at 284. Smoked the flap off the backside and smothered in glaze no pics sorry. My wife is a habitual bark shark,

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Your killing me George! Iron Bulldog

• Iron Bulldog
        Iron Bulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it is time to seriously consider changing my avatar this is going to get waaaaaaaay out of hand

Here you go boys
      Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        There we go!! Nice pull back on those bones.

• Iron Bulldog
        Iron Bulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        we are getting there, glaze in about 30 minutes

Glaze may come a little early

Comment

The glaze is on!
        Attached Files

Comment

Behold the glaze

Comment

Very nice!!! How were they?

Comment

• Iron Bulldog
              Iron Bulldog commented
              Editing a comment
              They were great should have seasoned a little heavier but the glaze did the trick. Followed by rocky road ice cream which is why I did not post last night. Guess KISS was the wrong word choice when I meant Dalmatian rub. Funny how things make sense the next day

Sweet. I'm using the broken handle from a camping mallet (it has a nice little hook on the end) to catch my hooks since I lost my original grabber.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here