Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tacos El Pastor recipe help :) (1st post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacos El Pastor recipe help :) (1st post)

Greetings all. Jefrow here from NorCal. My wife's family are all from Mexico and were talking about how they miss authentic El Pastor tacos. As I don't read Spanish well and seem to be mostly finding gringo recipes, can anyone help me out with some recipients ideas? Thanks a ton!

Here are a few asada recipes from here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...93-carne-asada

Comment

Rick Bayless is my go to for authentic Mexican food. That said real al pastor is tough to duplicate because you're supposed to slice the meat off a spit. But the flavors are all here.

Comment

Welcome! I also don't know a lick of Spanish. But I'm currently working up to a good recipe for gyros like I actually ate in Greece (nothing against the very delicious American gyros from Chicago). And I think the (Serious Eats) link above has some good science behind it. Good Luck and keep asking questions.
        Last edited by kmhfive; April 17, 2017, 02:10 AM. Reason: edited to be specific about the link.

Comment

I basically marinate thin pork strips/chops in a red chile sauce, then layer them in a rotisserie basket with thinly sliced pineapple and let that go on the barbie til done, maybe 45 minutes. Take 'em off and chop 'em together on a cutting board.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the replies! I'm really excited to do this one. My. Wife's family would flip their wings! U guys are great. I love the pit!

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that you eatin that frog?

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              We'll be waiting for the details and the outcome!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here