Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked spiral slice ham for Easter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked spiral slice ham for Easter

Since I had great success with my whole smoked ham last Christmas (see https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...or-a-ham-glaze), I thought I'd give it another go for Easter but this time with a spiral sliced ham. I injected the ham with a maple syrup and butter mixture, which of course oozed out of the ham (leave the wrap on the ham to keep from spraying injection mix all over you and your immediate surroundings) and gave a nice sticky surface to apply Memphis Dust.

I put the ham on my Green Egg, which was pre-heated to 225, and had a couple of chunks of apple wood for a light smoke. After 2 hours, the ham's internal temp was 120 degrees, so I applied my pineapple preserve/Dijon mustard/horseradish glaze that made my Christmas ham a big hit. 30 more minutes and I glazed the ham again with the runoff at the bottom of the pan. Finally after 3 hours, I pulled the ham off the Egg still in the foil pan, put it on top of heavy duty foil, and covered the top and crimped the sides.

I took it over to my parents house as my contribution to the family Easter dinner, and it was enjoyed by all. However, as good as I thought it was, it's still hard to compete with my mom's deviled eggs and fruit salad!

Enjoy the pictures!

Attached Files

That looks yummy.

Comment

Hard to beat a spiral when you can just slice horizontally and watch the slices form.

When shooting a Hoyt bow, the spiral cam is pretty sweet too.

Deviled eggs.....hard to beat with anything.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Great cook!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here