Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's doing ham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's doing ham?

So I'm making a ham today on the GMG. Following Meathead's instructions, but not using the glaze he recommends. I've had this
    http://www.cajuninjector.com/product...aline-ham-kit/
    in the cupboard for a while and I'm using it up. I'll be moving to the gas grill for the last step, I think it will be easier over there to caramelize. Should be good.

Sounds good. I will be doing mine tomorrow, have not finalized a glaze decision yet.

Comment

I can't cook tomorrow. Going to sister in laws for Easter dinner. Not happy about it. I want to cook a ham and bring it over but that could be bad form.

Today i I did an Easter Saturdee 14 lb packer in some defiance. I'll load up on leftovers tomorrow before traveling 30 mins for "ham".

Comment

• Notavegan
        Notavegan commented
        Editing a comment
        They cook two hams, one dryer than the other.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! Great menu options to look forward to:
        1 > Dry Ham
        2 > Dryer Ham.
        I'd take a faux cambro fulla real food, to git by...
        Jus' sayin'
        (An another cooler fulla Adult Beverages!)

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that at some point you're going to need to both enlighten and delight them with the real thing!

Nah. Prime rib, sorry.

Comment

Easter is all about lamb in my world!

Comment

No ham today.. Usually do up a big ham or a brisket on the Saturday. Got the Brisket resting after a 12 hour cook now. Easter Sundays every year I take Moonbeam down to some really fancy places in Galveston for a nice Brunch. Always fun.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lonnie Mac, For Some Reason Lonnie You Don't Strike Me as the Chivalrous Sort❓
            🐣🐣 Happy Easter to You and Yours! 🐣🐣
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha brotha! The Wife forces me!

Eunice and I Will be Alone So It'll be a Ham Steak and ❓ Or a Church Dinner❓
          🐣🐣 Happy Easter One and All! 🐣🐣
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I got a visit early Thursday mornin', when I went out to warm up th' Blue Belle.
            Easter Bunny gave me detailed ham instructions; sorry, cain't divulge until after th' fact...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2889.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.96 MB ID:	305398

Comment

Ham for Easter following MH's instructions and Chris Lily's Spiced Apricot Glaze. Cooker is Weber 22.5 OTS / SnS.

Grilled Ham & Cheese Monday nite. Here's a ghost from the past

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	305403

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Yummy! Loves me some grilled cheese sammiches!

Well, after dithering all week, I finally decided on a chuckie for tomorrow! The wife keeps saying she hates pastrami. What's a man to do with 3 corned flats in the freezer?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
                HorseDoctor commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. Bones Don't even have to be Irish to appreciate what they have to offer. Love corned beef (or venison) any day. I'm pretty much 100% Scandinavian and still prefer corned beef to lutefisk.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                True Dat!
                Never had any corned venison...love th' regular version, though!
                Cain't begin to name th' things I prefers to lutefisk... I would get permanently ejected from th' forum, fer my language!!!

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, it's going to be pastrami because I care more than she does. We know how to work these things out!

Already did mine and finished the leftovers today. Mh recipe with chris lilly's glaze. Also soaked it overnight to get rid of the saltiness in it Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_192234.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	305462

Comment

Speaking of salty, this was many years ago for my Easter ham. I had the bright idea to smoke up one of them real expensive hams you see hanging in the supermarket wrapped in cloth. Yea. I had no idea! Uneatable, but dang dang pretty!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Heck yeah! That is / was a good looking ham.

• lonnie mac
                  lonnie mac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was man!! But who knew that a country salt cured ham was so salty! We just had tater salad that day.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're definitely a lesson!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170416_091228.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	305693
                Here's the finished product. Served with fresh bread and potatoes au gratin. It was very juicy, just like MH said.

Comment

I'm smoking a small ham today, mostly for me, since my husband hates ham. Smoking a couple of turkey breasts too, so he and the turkey-preferring guests won't go hungry. I'm making stuffing, mashed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, and long-cooked green beans and bacon. Not a healthy meal with all those carb-loaded sides, but it's Easter after all.

Kathryn

Comment

• Notavegan
                    Notavegan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bacon doesn't have carbs right?

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bacon is a miracle food in my book, Notavegan. Good point.
                    K.

We'll be having "dry" ham seeing as SWMBO hasn't learned to trust AR recipes, yet. I'll get a ham going later this summer and then she'll ask for it on Christmas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here