Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First try at Last Meal Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First try at Last Meal Ribs

Well like the title says this is the first time I'm making ribs with this recipe and I'm off to an ominous start. Cooking on the smoker listed in my sig.

First off I woke up about an hour later than I really meant to, so I immediately rushed out to get my fire going. A rather large spider ran across my foot as I'm getting the smoker out. I'm not proud of it but this grown man screamed like an eight year old girl. I hate those damn things why must they be so creepy.

The days second tragedy occurred right after I finished putting the rub on. I was going to boil some water for the pan and turned on the wrong burner on the stove. This would not have been a big deal if it were not for the fact that the burner I turned on had my bag of MMD on it.

I feel like I'm marching with two left feet today. On the plus side it's an absolutely beautiful morning here in Michigan, about 70F, no wind, perfect.

I will try to post some pictures of the ribs when I'm done. Didn't really feel like looking for the camera this morning. In any event I will let you all know how everything turns out. Hope I was able to give you guys a laugh today.

-Joel

LOL I think we all have those types of days - and like you said it's beautiful here in the glove so enjoy the non -30* weather and the ribs!! I'd love to hear how your cook and the rest of your day goes

Comment

Aside from first thing this morning it's going great. About 4 hours in took my first peek and did a quick bounce test. Not there yet but they look amazing. As soon as the wife wakes up so she can tell me what has become of my camera I might be able to share some pics.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	3151 Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	3150

Ok so LMR finished up at just a shade under 5 hours. Finished with Meatheads KC Classic sauce. For a first effort I was very pleased with how they came out.

And as promised here are a couple pics. Have a great day everybody.

Comment

Those look good! Very nice first effort

Comment

Those look yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by boftx View Post
              Those look yummy!

ditto gallore!!!!!!!!!! I got two racks to do this week.

Comment

Those look great!!

Comment

Ok, now I'm really hungry! Those ribs look great...

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

Thanks guys they were great and only lasted about 5 minutes after I those pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Jmoscrip View Post
                        Thanks guys they were great and only lasted about 5 minutes after I those pictures
                        In that case, good timing on the pics!

Comment

Those look Sawwweeeetttt!

Comment

Thanks Jon. Yeah they came out pretty good. I think next time I will use just a bit more salt as I think I went too light on it this time.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                              Jerod Broussard commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I went saltless in the rub and will sprinkle a tad on them when they are done.

Oh yum!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here