Well like the title says this is the first time I'm making ribs with this recipe and I'm off to an ominous start. Cooking on the smoker listed in my sig.

First off I woke up about an hour later than I really meant to, so I immediately rushed out to get my fire going. A rather large spider ran across my foot as I'm getting the smoker out. I'm not proud of it but this grown man screamed like an eight year old girl. I hate those damn things why must they be so creepy.

The days second tragedy occurred right after I finished putting the rub on. I was going to boil some water for the pan and turned on the wrong burner on the stove. This would not have been a big deal if it were not for the fact that the burner I turned on had my bag of MMD on it.

I feel like I'm marching with two left feet today. On the plus side it's an absolutely beautiful morning here in Michigan, about 70F, no wind, perfect.

I will try to post some pictures of the ribs when I'm done. Didn't really feel like looking for the camera this morning. In any event I will let you all know how everything turns out. Hope I was able to give you guys a laugh today.

-Joel