Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate ham with a tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate ham with a tip

Made up a ham wanting to try something. I have made these a few times and the only negative about it is they are salty not the recipe but from the injected brine. So on this one i soaked it overnight and changed the water as much as time allowed me. This turned out the best one yet no where near the salt taste and the glaze really comes thru Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_192234.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	304107

Great technique. After desalinating, I would put my own rub on, and smoke that baby up with some fine glaze at the end of the cook! Thank for posting.

Comment

just in time for Easter. I bought a spiral ham, brined, and am planning on smoking it to bring it up to temp. What temp did you take yours to? I have a PBC and will be using that

Comment

Looks delicious! Nice job.

Comment

Jeff_Carley I cooked it at 225 and to a internal temp of 130. Then cranked up the heat to do the glaze it will finish at 140

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here