Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting SLC ribs 3-4 hours into a pork butt cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting SLC ribs 3-4 hours into a pork butt cook

Currently using an 18" Weber Smokey Mountain and would like my pork shoulder to be done at the same time as my SLC ribs. I'm planning on starting the pork shoulder on the lower level, then throwing the ribs on the upper level 3-4 hours into the cook. Is it ok for the rib juices to drip on top of the butt as it cooks? Any contamination concerns there?

Welcome Greatrush2112

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. As long as you are cooking at normal smoking temps, there should be no problem with cross contamination. Once the surface temps of the meat reaches ~ 160*, the nasty critters are killed almost instantly.

Comment

• Greatrush2112
        Greatrush2112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Thanks. That's what I figured.

Welcome Greatrush2112! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here