Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 hour smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 hour smoke

Danjohnston949 OneEyedJack David Parrish thanks to all the countless guys that chimed in on advice with my new SNS. 13 hour smoke through wind, cold, and rain. Man has bested grill. 2 - 4.25lb partial pork shoulders. Memphis dust made for a beautiful bark.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1451.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	294959

Beautiful! You make me wanna pick up a shoulder tomorrow... Great bark!

Comment

I love Boston Butt! I am doing one Thursday for my church small group- nine folks.

Comment

Great job on those butts.

Comment

Great cook. Those look beautiful. You've used the Pit to gain knowledge of how to properly execute a cook. For $2 per month it's a fantastic resource!👍

Comment

Yes, Sir. Knowledge is power.

Comment

Originally posted by Gintzu View Post
              Danjohnston949 OneEyedJack David Parrish thanks to all the countless guys that chimed in on advice with my new SNS. 13 hour smoke through wind, cold, and rain. Man has bested grill. 2 - 4.25lb partial pork shoulders. Memphis dust made for a beautiful bark.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1451.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	294959
              Looks amazing! Glad we could help.

Comment

Gintzu, Those are Some Great Looking Pork Butts! Just for the Hell of It I'll Through In Some Pic's of Two Things I Have Smoked for First Time over the Last 2 Weeks! Both on the Weber 22 1/2" Kettle W/ S 'n S, Drip & Griddle, and the BBQGURU DigiQ Dx-2 Temp Controller! The First is Pastrami made from Home Cured Corned Beef! The 2nd Is Turkey Breast Smoked Beer Can Style on the Same Weber!
                👍👍Not to Gloat But I Prnounced Both Fit to Eat!👍👍
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	295055Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	295054Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.06 MB ID:	295053Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	295058Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	295057Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	295056

Comment

Danjohnston949 (mean smoking machine) dang that's pretty work.
                  With the DigiQ do you have to hack your Weber? Drill a hole in the bottom for that to work? Is it possible to go through the bottom vent and cover the other two clean outs/ air passages? I'm not too familiar with them.
                  After fighting the outdoor elements in MN last wknd I wouldn't mind a little help and not have to baby it so much.
                  one other question... should probably be posted elsewhere but since I've got your attention,... would a pellet style smoker (traeger, GMG, Mak) produce the same bark as Weber charcoal with wood chunks?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gintzu, I did drill a 7/8" Hole Just Below the Charcoal Grate Centered Between the Ash Sweep Max Limits and Opposite of the
                    S 'n S Position! I also use the Drip & Griddle, I feel I get Better Temp Control with the Combo! I'll PM You Pic's and Info!
                    From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

That's some top notch bark! Congrats on a fantastic cook. I use Memphis Dust, Big Bad Beef Rub and Simon and Garfunkel rub on most of my cooks.

Comment

fuzzydaddy Can't wait to experiment more. I'll have to find these recipes on the site 👍

Comment

Big Bad Beef Rub http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_..._beef_rub.html

Simon and Garfunkel rub http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_...unkel_rub.html

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here