Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna do some oven ribs tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna do some oven ribs tomorrow.

Mostly because I don't want to uncover the BGE, set up and tend the fire, then monitor it for 5 hours, then close it down, wait for it to cool, clean it up, and re-cover it, all in 15* weather.

I might sous vide the ribs. Not sure yet.

I have a smoky rub and a smoky sauce I can use, so there's that. I will report.

Ribs sound good. Keep us posted on how they turn out. SV sounds interesting.

Comment

My wife did a real nice rack of baby backs in the oven the other night. Sometimes, you just don't feel up to it.

Comment

C'Mon man!! I'm doing a cold weather cook tomorrow. Starting temp in the AM will be a balmy -9 F. But its supposed to warm up to 6 F through out the day.

No, I am crazy. I totally get why your cooking indoors. Good luck man!! Looking forward to the results.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the taking of the cover, cleaning the guts of the BGE, and replacing a stiff cover that I resist...

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          That's kind of where I'm coming from too - the bits and pieces around the cook in the cold. But hey, I'm getting old. ;-)

I did Meathead 's indoor rib recipe over Christmas and they turned out great. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Pork chops going in the crock pot in an hour at our house. My youngest's 30th Birthday today!! I need to learn some crock pot skills too.

Comment

Seventeen is my low, but the BGE was set to cook before the temperature dropped, and I didn't have to take off the cover. Maybe you can do them low and slow with a water pan and finish them off with the broiler.

Comment

Mosca, I threw in the Towel Early, Tom! I asked Eunice what She wanted and She said She Planned on Chicken.
              I didn't Argue!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; January 8, 2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here