Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLC ribs for the games tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLC ribs for the games tomorrow

Will be smoking some SLC along with the rib tips tomorrow for lunch for all the games tomorrow. Would be better to have them done and ready to see my tigers play but for some reason they are playing at an ungawdly hour with a 10am kickoff.

I've only done rib tips once and they did come out good, but does anyone have any suggestions based on their experience with them as far as prepping, brining, and the cook for them? Just seeing if there are different methods out there for the tips.

TIA and Geaux Tigers!

I've eaten more in a blackbird Jambalaya and I haven't eaten that in years.

Comment

I think the last time I did the I did a kind Texas Crutch. I have also cooked in a slow cooker, but ofcorse no charcoal flavor.

Comment

I'll prolly just throw some rub on them and call it a day. I'll post pics and update.

Comment

Update:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	258362Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	258363Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	398.2 KB
ID:	258364Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	258365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	258366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	258367

Rib tips came out really well along with the ribs if you couldn't tell from the pics. Ran around 250 for the cook. Came put perfect in my book.

Comment

So be honest, which was better, LSU's defense, Guice's lay out of the Louisville kicker, Guice's 70 yard touchdown run, or the ribs???

Comment

Guice laying out the kicker was just pure comedy.
              The TD run was was cool but almost expected against a banged up Louisville D.
              The ribs were awesome, but that D holding the #1 Offense in the nation out of the end zone was just incredible!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                I only saw highlights, but that #33 on D ran ACROSS the field and got the quarterback in the back field. Crazy!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here