Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby back ribs... Updated..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather it be in Chicago, MH & Max could arrange that they live there. I can drive there in 4 or 5 hours. I don't think I could fly to Vegas that fast. It would take me 2 hrs just to drive to an airport. Oh, and I don't fly. Oh again, I have no desire to transport my offset anywhere, not even the other side of my yard. 660lbs+.

Yeah, we all make the best because we make it how we like it. It would be quite disheartening for our products to get judged poorly by someone who didn't share our tastes. We'd just think the judge was nuts. Referees in ball games judge (mostly) the facts. Judging food is purely subjective, and the ONLY judge that matters is you...well, your significant other.. It's all good!

Comment

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      AMEN on the SO. brother! I've said it before, if momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy.

Okay, if we want to hijack a thread, why didn't Chicago with substantial stockyards become a center for BBQ like Kansas City did?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet you Meathead could answer that. Knowing the history of BBQ and the history of his own city, I'm sure he could say why. Chicago is famous for pizza & dogs. I'm sure it has something to do with early settlers or immigrants and what they brought to the table. Uneducated guess.

Those are really tasty BB. Complimenti! Thanks for sharing so many details with us. i've never cooked dry ribs! I can buy only spare ribs that I processed in S.Louis Cut.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Enrico! I know most people who, even when they have a choice, prefer St Louis cut...I've made St Louis a few times and I never like them as well as baby backs / loin backs.

REAL nice cook Huskee! You can get some seriously good color with that Yoder.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir!

Back on topic: Aaron, in reference to warping the rubbed ribs while waiting on the smoker to come to temp:

What does that give you. I do slide the sheet pan with the ribs back in the fridge during this time but curious about the wrap.?

Comment

It doesn't really accomplish anything in the short term, but if you were to leave them for several hours or overnight it keeps them from stinking the fridge up and drying out- and making a drippy mess.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        copy that... Thank you Sir.

Those pieces of wood in that weber chimney are hilarious. Never saw that, never laughed at a chimney either.

Comment

Hang around me guy, you'll find lots to laugh at, mostly in a good way

Comment

I like your ideal of pre- burning the logs before putting them in the fire box. I'm going to try that with the Lang.

Comment

Sometimes I hate the thought of wasting heat into the air, especially in winter, but it makes for better smoke.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here