Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulling pork video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling pork video

Last edited by Huskee; October 11, 2014, 11:49 PM.

Video! Now we're talking. This site is quickly becoming BbqPedia! Awesome.

Comment

what is that accent?????????????

Comment

Saskatchewanese I believe.

Comment

Michigan, baby

Comment

I think Meathead and I have the same "accent", which makes sense we live about 3 or 4 hrs apart. And for the record, Y'ALL have the accents, not us!!

Comment

Great video, good tips. This should be a sticky or something on how to do it the proper way

Comment

Nice! I don't know what it is but I feel I could die happy if my coffin was shaped like a smoker!

I just finished two 5 Lb picnics and they were in for 16 hours. I'll have to tie them up for the next smoke as these fell apart on the grill. I know, that time is a little long but we had torrential rains and I lost a lot of time due to lack of tending the smoker. At 165-ish they stalled and stayed there for a very long time. Then the fire went out and I had to restart a couple of times. Was hard to recover from that. The end result was at the last 3 hours I cranked it up to 300-325 till it moved from 185-190. Once it started to move back down to 225 it went till I hit 103. The skin was nice and crispy and as I said the rest fell apart. It's now in two 2.5Lb vacuum sealed packs for the freezer and right around 3Lb is ready to eat. If only I could eat it as fast as I could smoke it.

Comment

Oh my God does that look good!!!!!!

Comment

Huskee,

Bad time to watch this in the morning. Now I need to go out and get something to eat. That meat looks delish I am suprised it stayed on the fork when you picked it up. Loved the Video.

Comment

Great video and textbook pulled pork.

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks PB!

Great video , I'm going to try the smaller chunks next time. More bark and seasoning are very good things.

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I firmly believe in this too!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                      what is that accent?????????????

You can tell its Michigan from the total lack of an accent.

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        EXACTLY!! THEY have the accents, not us! Lol...

Nice video, Huskee! I've got salmon and a tri-tip teed up for the weekend cook but now you're making me wish I had a PB handy! Thanks for taking the time to make such an informative video.

Kathryn

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why thanks, Kathryn! And you're welcome.

Nice video Huskee! You mention cooking smaller butts. Were you talking about cutting a larger roast into smaller ones or buying smaller ones to start with, or does it matter which method is used?

Also, ever tried using a kitchenmaid mixer and dough hook to "pull" the pork?
                      Last edited by Dr ROK; December 29, 2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here