Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Pulled Pork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Pulled Pork!

Put the 8lb shoulder on at 5pm last night hoping to it would take at least 15 hours so I could sleep in. Of course I was awoken at 5am not by the alarm clock but the Maverick going off at 203deg. So wrapped and placed into the faux cambro hoping to get more sleep! Put the meat probe into the bbq input on the monitor and set it for 150deg so I wouldn't wake up to a 130deg ruined roast! No it is in the crock pot waiting to get warmed up for dinner at 5pm.

I had a 6 pounder the other night make it to 198 hours before I thought it would. I really need to start graphing this stuff to see if any neighborhood dogs are upping the temp on my PID controller whilest I sleepeth.

Comment

• rmeugene
      rmeugene commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the graphing idea...I have my log book that I checked but I think it being verbiage versus graphing makes it so you miss a trend. But then again your idea of the neighborhood dog...

I would enjoy seeing some photos of your pulled pork if you snap any. I'm hoping that ThermoWorks' Smoke has graphing capabilities built in that will be revealed when the wifi gateway comes out.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Me tooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Here are a couple of photo's pre and post bear claws . It seemed a bit less juicy than normal. The only thing I did differently this time around was leaving it in the faux cambro for 3 hours while I went back to sleep for a bit. I wouldn't think that would make any difference...thinking it was just a leaner hunk of meat?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pulled_pork_1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	254886Click image for larger version

Name:	pulled_pork_2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	254887

Comment

• Lowjiber
      Lowjiber commented
      Editing a comment
      My pulled shoulders always come out with a similar look. I prefer a butt for more fat, but it is sometimes hard to find one around here that is not frozen solid.

• rmeugene
      rmeugene commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess maybe I am asking for the wrong cut...thought "butt" was just a different name for the shoulder.

Nice looking meteor you have there!

Comment

• SlushDeezey
      SlushDeezey commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. Remember Joe Dirt? "Boy that ain't no meteor, that's frozen s**t".

rmeugene, Lowjiber, Like lLowjiber I like a Butt with a Little Fat, but IMHOP the Faux Cambro seems to allow the Juices to Redistribute making for a Moister Pulled Pork? My best guess is that Your Roast was a little on the Lean Side in the beginning? Happy Holidays! 🎄🎁🍹🎁🎄
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here