Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody partially smoked ribs to be finished the next day in the oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody partially smoked ribs to be finished the next day in the oven?

I am having Christmas day dinner at my house so I am planning on smoking a Brisket and a Turkey. So my sister asked if I would cook ribs for her to take home as she wanted to serve ribs for dinner with her in laws the next day. I told her ribs are best served hot off the smoker and wouldn't do well reheated so she said she would just do them in the oven that day. This got me thinking, can ribs be smoked for let say 3-4 hours then quick cooled and finished the next day in the oven till tender without drying them out? Has anybody done this or reheat sous vide and set the sauce up under the broiler?
    TIA, Dean

Yes, they can! Or, just cook them fully, wrap in foil, and have her reheat them for an hour at 250. No one will notice any difference, especially so if they're untrained.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, they're semi trained, they had my pulled pork😄

I did it unintentionally. Cook until they just barely want to crack but not really want to get into a passing bend test. Let them chill. Wrap and finish the next day to readiness, sauce and sear.

Comment

Funny you ask. Last night my rib cook didn't go as expected and they were a bit undercooked. They were cooked, but not tender. Today I threw them in the hot tub st 198F for 2 hours to reheat. They were juicy and tender. We ate them up but could have easily sauced them up and put them under the broiler for a few minutes.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info, sounds great!

If yer sister doesn't have a hot tub time machine, just vacuum seal them and have her drop them in a very slow boil for an hour or two. I expect the results would be delicious.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here