Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork sholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork sholder

I put a fresh pork shoulder in my little pellet grill this AM rubbed with lots of Memphis dust, it should take about 9 or 10 hrs. so I'll see what turns out like this evening. Should be able to get photos along the way.
    Dave

Darchie03, Good Luck on Your Pork Shoulder! You might be a bit optimistic on You Cook Time, Watch your Internal Temp for the Stahl! I usually try to increase the Temp after 3-4 Hrs to Power Through the Stahl!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Darchie03
      Darchie03 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had planed to increase temp after about 5 hours so I would get as much smoke as I could in the early part of the cook. How high do you take yours?
      Dave

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I run mine up to around 275 to power through the stall.

@Danjohnston949, @jgjeske1

Word is with no photos it did not happen so here are some photos. This was cooked as a roast not for pulled pork. Click image for larger version

Name:	just on.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	246998
    Just on

Click image for larger version

Name:	4 hrs.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	246999
    4 hrs in

Name:	7 Hrs.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	359.9 KB
ID:	247000
    7 hrs in

Name:	Finished.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	247001

Name:	Cut.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	247002
    Finished

Comment

That looks mighty goooood.

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, it tasted ok but could have been better

Did you inject it and dry brine it?

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not injected but was still moist, did dry brine
        Dave

Looks good!

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you
        dave

Looks great, cutting some smoked pork steaks?

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sliced some to eat but most of it was cut off the bone & cubed then frozen with the bone until the next time I make a big pot of beans.
        Dave

It looks good. It looks like the picnic or was it the butt and picnic together?

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just the picnic
        Dave

Beautiful

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here