Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally remembered to take pictures! well sort of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally remembered to take pictures! well sort of...

I cooked my first brisket last week, and forgot to take any pictures. Trust me it was great! Then I pulled 31lbs. of Pork off of the smoker, and wrapped two of them before remembering pictures. So it's not much, but here's the last two butts. They were pulled at 201 and wanted to fall apart when I took them off of the grill. Nothing like pork fresh out of the smoker.
    edit: guess I'm stupid. I don't know how to get rid of the second copy without removing it all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2016-10-19 10.28.40.jpg Views:	2 Size:	9.65 MB ID:	231629
    Attached Files

Barkalicious!!

Comment

Looks sweeeeeet.

Comment

Looks great to me.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Forgot to mention that I tried Weber KC BBQ rub on this batch. This the first time I've used a rub on my pork butts and I like the results.

Comment

Looks great. Wonderful color on that beast.

Comment

I'm a BFoB (big fan of bark) and that's some great looking bark. Love the color too. Cherry wood used?

Comment

Shrug. Four pork butts, two small and two large. About 31 lbs, I'd say.

Comment

• Abom
                    Abom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow that's EXACTLY the amount I said I cooked! LOL A 15lb and a 16lb cryo from Sams.

Abom, The Only Thing Wrong with Your Pork Butts, Is my Invitation must have been Lost in the Mail? 🤔🤗😇🤗
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Looks fabulous, Abom !!!

I finished my first butt on the OK Joe's last night, and will get pics up tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
                      I'm a BFoB (big fan of bark) and that's some great looking bark. Love the color too. Cherry wood used?
                      Just Hickory. I think the color is partly from the rub.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                        fuzzydaddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! The photo is so good I had to go take a look again!

Yes that's how it should look, nice work!

Comment

Very Nice Job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here