Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Pork Loin with Apple-Bourbon Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Hah! It's definitely "slap yo mama" good

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the tip! I read that and went ahead and made the sauce last night in preparation for cooking the meat today. I tasted it just now and I have this weird urge to slap my momma. Strange. 🤔😁

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    It was outstanding! You should give this one a whirl Spinaker
    Last edited by ecowper; October 15, 2016, 11:07 AM.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I used bourbon, just as called for in Chris Liley's original recipe.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I always cook something as designed the first time.

• Spinaker
    replied
    That looks gorgeous. Man or man that sauce sounds good. Nice work ECO!!

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Glad to hear you like this recipe. I have been itching to try this... Chris Lilly is one of the undisputed champions of pork in my opinion... his world championship pork butt recipe is killer.

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    It is best to just trust Chris Lilly... I have found his rubs, sauces, injections are built in a way that adds and layers complimentary flavor profiles... Adjusting or using something different seems to just take away from it.

• carolts
    replied
    Did you use the bourbon or vanilla extract?

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Also, that sauce is even more amazing today than it was yesterday

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Steve R. And carolts ..... this is the Chris Lilly recipe I used for the rub and pork loin .... and this is what I used for the sauce.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I took the rub and sauce straight from Chris Lilly's book. Rubbed and Grilled Pork Loin on page 60, and the apple bourbon bbq sauce.

• carolts
    replied
    That looks amazing. Going to have to try that for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    What did you use for the rub, MMD? I'm doing this ASAP!
    Last edited by Steve R.; October 9, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    A great sauce is to die for... ask the French & Chinese Chef's.👌

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here