Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Ribs on modified COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Ribs on modified COS

Here the first Ribs after I modified my COS. I used mainly Olive wood and a bit of Oak as fuel. Homemade BBQ sauce.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5120.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	224345

Name:	IMG_5122.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	224346

Name:	IMG_5123.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	224347

Beautiful!

Comment

They look really great.

Comment

They certainly look good. How did they taste? More importantly, how did your mods affect the cook?

Comment

Love the color!

Comment

Looks great!
            Last edited by HawkerXP; September 25, 2016, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Those ribs look delicious!!!

What COS do you have?

What mods have you done?

How did you cook these?

Best regards!

Comment

Oooooh......aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...ribs! Way-To-Go!!

Comment

Originally posted by boftx View Post
                    They certainly look good. How did they taste? More importantly, how did your mods affect the cook?
                    Hello @botfx it seems they tasted good , as far as none was left . I used mainly Olive wood and little Oak wood. The smoke taste is lighter than usual but you can taste the typical fragrance of olive oil. The mods made the temperature difference between the two ends very little, about 15/20° F once the temperature stabilized. I had to struggle a bit at the beginning because the mods were more effective than I thought, so I put too much wood initially and the temperature was way too high, so I had to wait longer before I could put the meat inside the smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                      Those ribs look delicious!!!
                      Thanks

What COS do you have?
                      I bought it on Amazon shipped from Germany (I live in Italy), the brand is Telpro.

What mods have you done?
                      https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...t-do-you-think

How did you cook these?
                      I sprinkled pink salt on the ribs and let them rest in the fridge for an hour, then I rubbed them with a mixture of brown sugar, sweet paprika, garlic powder, dried onion, fresh black pepper, dried mustard. I used mainly Olive wood and a couple of logs of Oak wood. I mopped the Ribs last 30 minutes every 10 minutes with homemade BBQ sauce.

Last edited by lelex; September 27, 2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here