Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st pork butt on GMG Daniel Boone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pork butt on GMG Daniel Boone

Last week was brisket. It was great. This week, pork butt. 8.5 lbs, 225-235 for 19 hours. Pulled and wrapped at 196 IT. The bone was a bit firm when I wrapped it, but after 1 hour rest in 170 oven, then 30 minutes on the counter top, it pulled out with ease. I'm glad I tied it or I would lost it taking it off the grill. Super juicy and tender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160924_151758.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	224249 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160924_164819.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	224250

Dang, that looks awesome

Comment

• AZRedneck
      AZRedneck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I just woke up from the food coma that hit after 2 sammiches. Very tasty, moist, tender. Pork butts are very forgiving so kinda hard to goof them up.

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice...👍
      Attached Files

Comment

• AZRedneck
        AZRedneck commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you kind sir. A 10 rating is a first for me.

Very nicely "well done"! Congrats!

Comment

I've now cooked 2 pork butts on my Daniel Boone. The first one was so-so (for a variety of reasons.) The second was very good. I put a crutch on it after 8 hours and total cook time was 14 hours. Your's looks great, more bark than mine, but I think that's understandable; difference between crutch and non-crutch.

Comment

Meteor!!!!!!! Looks fantastic.

Comment

HorseDoctor Chas Martel Spinaker thanks for your replies. I chose not to crutch cuz I never do it unless pushed for time. The bark ripped right apart and was as tender as the meat that fell off the bone. On the GMG DB it seems the meat to the rear of the grill cooks slightly more well done. It's nothing a minimal bit of chopping won't make edible. I pulled 98% of it with two forks. I'm still learning this smoker, only my second long cook on it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here