Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Ribs Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Ribs Cook

Purchased a couple racks of baby backs that were about 3.5 lbs. each. Our local Safeway store stocks baby backs that are labeled "extra meaty" and these are what I used. Following the Last Meal Ribs recipe, I dried brine them for 24 hours, put the MMD rub on water moistened ribs two hours before the cook. Pit is my 22 inch Weber with a SnS using Kingsford blue bag coals. 8 oz. Applewood total. 4 oz. at the start, then 4 oz. after two hours when the racks were repositioned.

Dry brined and rubbed...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribs_1.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	223118

Tried to hold grill temp as close to 225* as possible. I experience a little more variability yesterday, possibly because it was a breezy day.

Pulled and glazed after 3.5 hours...

Name:	Ribs_2.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	223119

I used Sweet Baby Rays Original bottled sauce and only glazed one rack. The second, dry rack is getting well wrapped and put into the freezer. The plan is to glaze the second rack, on my portable gasser, at a tailgate party before a baseball game Sunday, Texas at Oakland.

Cross section results...

Name:	Ribs_3.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	223120

They came out perfectly! Very juicy and with the right amount of smoke. Leftovers from the glazed rack tonight. Mmm, ribs!

Oh man, I'm 2+ weeks in with no BBQ, 2+ weeks to go. Soooooo fun working on a BBQ forum.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      My heart bleeds for the King O' Briskets Jerod Broussard. I may just have to smoke a rack just 'casue I can... LOL

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      And while I am here people are ordering brisket for the latter parts of October.

Beautiful!

Comment

I like those ribs that Safeway sells ... they are nearly as good as the Costco 3 pack of back ribs. Those came out great. And your tailgate idea is really cool.

Comment

They sure do look good. I just wish my ribs would cook that fast. Always 5-6 hrs.
        Nice job.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here