Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed pork loin temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed pork loin temp

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. 145 internal is safe for a butterflied and stuffed pork loin? I was thinking stuffing would have to go to 160. Just trying to be safe Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Greatplainsbrewer View Post
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere. 145 internal is safe for a butterflied and stuffed pork loin? I was thinking stuffing would have to go to 160. Just trying to be safe Thanks in advance

Add the meat and the wood for smoking at the same time. Go easy on the wood. We only want a hint of smoke. This is delicate meat. At 325°F the roast will cook to 140°F in about 1 to 2 hours, depending on how thick it is, what is in the stuffing, and how steady you can keep the temp. Plan on 20 to 30 minutes per inch of thickness at the widest part. Take it off at 140°F and it will rise to 145°F from carryover. As usual, if the meat is done early, hold it in a faux cambro until the rest of dinner is ready.

from below

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...oin_roast.html

Comment

Thanks- I did read the article but wanted to double check

Comment

Thought you might, just wanted to make sure you knew where it came from

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here