Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crock Pot Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to hear it! Yes, it takes a long time to cook ribs in the slow cooker.

• VenomM3
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks

• VenomM3
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your input, I'll take that into consideration next time I cook them in the crock pot thanks.

• VenomM3
    commented on 's reply
    After 4 hours (no bones sticking out) they reached their temp and they looked ok. I bit into one of them and I can tell they weren't ready at all. So, I put them back and cooked them for the suggested time frame of 7-9 hours. After an additional 3 hours they looked great and tasted great.

• Thom Emery
    replied
    Get a rope

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    You want a pull apart test on these dudes.
    If you've cooked them long enough, they'll be too tender for that.

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
    145 is not sufficient temp at 5 hours to break down the connective material in the ribs and tighten the proteins enough to produce pull back.

If the recipe says 7 hours, I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be done earlier than 8:38 PM.

Agreed. I've never done them in less than 10 hours, set on high.

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    7 hours does not seem long enough, especially if you put cook them on low.

When we do crock-pot ribs, usually during the work week, we cut them up into a few sections, toss a few quartered onions in the bottom, a little liquid smoke, rub down with a Memphis style rub, dump some store-bought BBQ sauce, (Sweet Baby Ray's or Stubbs Memphis style), and set it on high. They go on at 7:00am and they come off when we get home, any time between 5:00 and 6:00. That's 10 hrs, on high, and they come out perfect, every single time.

Honestly, it's almost impossible to overcook ribs, or any cheap, tough cut of pork, in a crock-pot.

Leave a comment:

• Atalanta
    commented on 's reply
    I've seen the recipe in my pressure cooker book and have been trying to convince myself to give it a shot.

• Medusa
    replied
    So VenomM3 , how'd they turn out?

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    They don't get dry and the sauce gets _rich_.

• CarlP3
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah Man...my mom simmered pork chops and sometimes a braciole made with flank steak in her sauce. Sauce was great but always thought the meat was kind of dry...BUT ribs...that's got to be great. I'll be trying that!!!

• EdF
    replied
    Variety is a good thing Cheef . My mom used to simmer ribs in tomato sauce she was making for spaghetti. Best red meat sauce ever.

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    replied
    I've never done ribs in the crock pot but have done them often in the pressure cooker. Completely different animal from the ribs the smoker puts out. I will admit I prefer the smoker BUT the ribs the pressure cooker reminds me of old time cooking. Ribs and kraut-ribs and cabbage were the ribs I knew growing up and I still like them!

Leave a comment:

• boftx
    replied
    Recipes, like battle plans, are fine until put into practice. They are guidelines at best. Riff away!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here