Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crock Pot Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    Sorry, crock pot ribs isn't my cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    You want a pull apart test on these dudes.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Here's Meathead's Cabin Fever Slow Cooker Ribs. If this is the recipe you're using, you're looking for the ribs to be fall off the bone (very) tender to know when they are done. I hope yours are already there!

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    I wonder if you can do the bend test on them to make sure they're done? I'd say go with the 7 hours or longer. Generally it takes about 5 1/2 hours for a rack of pork loin ribs on the kettle with the SnS running @225 - 230's. I think (but not sure) that 225ish is considered high on a slo-cooker.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    145 is not sufficient temp at 5 hours to break down the connective material in the ribs and tighten the proteins enough to produce pull back.

If the recipe says 7 hours, I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be done earlier than 8:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VenomM3
    replied
    This is where I stand as of 5:45 pm and there still in the crock pot as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• VenomM3
    started a topic Crock Pot Ribs

Crock Pot Ribs

I started cooking them at 1:38pm and in the recipe it states that it needs 7 hours, low and slow. It's only been almost 5 hours and the ribs have exceeded 145 degrees and I don't see many bones sticking out alot to indicate they're done. I'm lost and confused, I followed the recipe to the T and I always manage to mess up anything or everything I try to cook.
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here