Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I salute Meathead once again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I salute Meathead once again!!!!

Did Last Meal Ribs in my Bradley Digital, Saturday afternoon. Set the oven temp to 230F, and used a combination of Cherry and Hickory for the briquettes.

Followed Meathead's recipe to the letter. Got rid of the membrane, washed and patted dry, then salted the ribs and put them in a ziplock bag in the fridge for a couple of hours. Took them out, sprinkled with Memphis Dust, cut each rack in half so that I could do 1 pair lengthways, and one pair sideways for good smoke ventilation. Popped them into the smoker which was about 5 degrees above 230F at that point. Came back 3 hours later to do the bounce test and they still needed a little more time so left them on for another half hour.

They were so good, my girlfriend and I thought we'd died and gone to Heaven. I will never do my ribs any other way.
    See pictures below.

Meathead, kudos to you and all of your crew for the best smoker/BBQ website and the best recipes.

Cad, they look great, I just cleaned up my keyboard from s;slobbering all over it just looking at your pics. Great write up and great pics. Thank you for sharing. Now go get something else to prepare and let us know the who, what, why, where, and when deal including pics. What a winner!!

Comment

Nicely done! Such a pleasure getting great results isn't it?

Comment

It's wonderful getting great results, but the best thing is the smiles on the faces of the people that I'm feeding. I brought some of my leftovers in to work for lunch today, and noses were twitching all over the office.

Comment

• az_que
          az_que commented
          Editing a comment
          I enjoy the entire ritual: choosing the meat, prepping it, making the rub, making the sauce, tending the fire, monitoring the temps. But I have to agree that the very best part is feeding a large crowd some awesome BBQ.

Originally posted by cadmentr View Post
        .... Meathead, kudos to you and all of your crew for the best smoker/BBQ website and the best recipes.
        Yeah... Meathead makes us look like BBQ Geniuses!

Comment

• 3DJ
          3DJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely!

Originally posted by smarkley View Post

Yeah... Meathead makes us look like BBQ Geniuses!
        +1 Yea Buddy!!

Comment

Its true Meathead helps me make great food, now if he could just help me with my typing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            now if he could just help me with my typing skills.
            I don't think that he performs miracles!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
              I don't think that he performs miracles!!

lol lol lol lol ool llo ooll

Comment

MH and AR makes this such BBQ Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulstheRibList View Post
                  MH and AR makes this such BBQ Fun!
                  +1 and the "Pit Nation" really helps tie it together!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
                    +1 and the "Pit Nation" really helps tie it together!!
                    Indeed. We have quickly turned into a great tight knit community. Imma cry now

Comment

'Pit Nation' -- Love it!

Comment

Ok guys, here's what's on for this weekend. I took my turkey out last night. 7.575 Kilos 16.7 lbs. I'm going to brine this one using a chef friends recipe for the brine. This is how he usually smokes all his turkey in his home made brick and drum smoker.
                        Will be brining until Saturday morning, starting tomorrow morning.
                        Will be using a combo of Apple and Cherry briquettes, and a temp of 250F. Hey, I get to try out my new Maverick ET-733 to see how it works.
                        Stuffing is going in the oven not the bird, with an orange and a lemon sliced for the bird's interior. I'll also be butter balling this one with my giant hypodermic meat marinade. May add a little applewood spice rub to the butter. Don't want to overdo between the spices and the wood itself.
                        Will be trying out Meatheads Memphis Dust this time for the rub, and we'll see how it goes. Pictures of the stages of cooking to follow.
                        Have great rest of the week!!!
                        Last edited by cadmentr; October 8, 2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Those ribs look top notch. Nice work. The next cook sounds to die for. What time do we arrive to eat :P

Comment

• cadmentr
                            cadmentr commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you're close to the Canadian border, supper is usually around 6.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here