Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stalled at 155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalled at 155

3 hours into a 4 pound shoulder and it's sat at 155 for the last half hour. I'll wait it out, I've got 4 or 5 hours before serving. Bark is looking great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160813_124313.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	208401

Are those naturally camo binder clips?

My SV'd roast, out the fridge into the PBC had a mini-stall at 57 degrees!!!

I'd flip that roast. ribeyeguy

Comment

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      No, they're naturally rusty binders. You really think I should flip it?

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Check and see. I always flip mine, the air flow over the top is mucho times more than under the grate.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      the bottom will need to bark up.

Good call Jerod! Here it is flipped, virtually no bark on the bottom. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160813_130611.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	208411

Comment

Well I didn't expect this. The stall lasted all of 45 minutes and it's now ready to come off. It's 195 in the thickest part, 203 in the thinnest. Total cook time was 5 hours with a grate temperature of around 250. We weren't planning on pulling and eating it for another 3 hours or so. Can I hold it that long in a faux camaro? Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes... Leave you temperature probes in and double wrap them in foil. Preheat your cooler with boiling water. Put some towels under the meat, put your meat in and fill the cooler up with towels. It will hold it at 160° or above for 3 hours, no problem.👍

• ribeyeguy
        ribeyeguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Breadhead!

Preparing to pull!

Name:	IMG_20160813_163150.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	208476

Comment

That's a fine looking butt ribeyeguy!

Comment

That looks good already. I would advise for optimum all around bark to flip as soon as you got plenty on top.

Comment

Pulled and ready to eat. Little disappointed in the smoke ring but mighty tasty. Time to eat followed up with a nap.

Name:	IMG_20160813_165633_burst_02.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	208484

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good!

looks goood!

Comment

That looks like a great cook to me.

Comment

I cooked a brisket flat yesterday and it stalled for about 3hrs, longest I've had in a while. It actually dropped in temp 5 degrees during that time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here