Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs on a stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs on a stick

I had no grilling plans for this weekend, the wife was out shopping and I was just working around the yard trimming bushes. She comes home and says "I stopped at Festival Foods and they had ribs on a stick so I bought some, let's cook them!". At first I thought they were probably precooked and we'd just have to heat them up but no, these were raw, boneless ribs with a stick stuck in them

With that I fired up the Kettle and SnS and smoked them for just under 2 hours with at most a half basket of coals and a few chunks of peach wood. Hit them with some Stubbs bbq sauce before searing them off and pronounced them done. I wasn't expecting much more than smoke flavored shoe leather but I have to say, these things were good, actually very good.

I'm sure it's not because of my cooking prowess, it was simply good rib meat, much better than expected. If you have a Festival Foods store in your area I'd definitely recommend checking them out!

And again NO pics

Comment

Geez, so I guess it didn't happen.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        nope it didn't

Never heard of 'em. Course I now have doubts about that "fish" in that avatar pic.

Comment

Man I bet your stomach disagrees with that - didn't happen thing - sounds like a good cook.

Comment

Dang, now my fish is being called into question? I'd better post some pics....quick.

Comment

The fish, the guns on them arms, the "blue clear sky," probably gonna say you had George Strait in the boat with ya too....man it never ends does it??

So was the stick into the bone or into the meat?

Comment

Boneless rib meat.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Geez, I read that twice in the original post and it still didn't register.

There you go Jerod, new profile pic just for you.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet. I hate fishing. Like to eat plenty.

Why would somebody put a stick into something that had a bone. Then again we know it did not really happen. But I will find out if Ribeyeguy is hose'n us Sunday, after I go to our Festival Foods.
              I must say, they do have a pretty good meat dept. My favorite is the meat SALE bin. It has stuff that has to sell now. I have picked up Swordfish a couple of times at 6.99 a lb. it was great grilled.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                My bro in law calls it the rancid meat market. My favorite place to look for beef. The store I frequent has a separate fish section where I've never seen anything discounted for date proximity, and I don't trust chicken in the "rancid meat" section.

Comment

Aha, loin meat, just like boneless chicken wings made from 100% breast meat.

Comment

I like the cooking instructions!
                  "They are done when the juice runs clear ... it is so important to make sure you don't overcook"

Comment

Congrats on your cook ribeyeguy, even without pics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here