Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs on a stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ribeyeguy
    replied
    Geez, so I guess it didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    And again NO pics

Leave a comment:

• ribeyeguy
    started a topic Ribs on a stick

Ribs on a stick

I had no grilling plans for this weekend, the wife was out shopping and I was just working around the yard trimming bushes. She comes home and says "I stopped at Festival Foods and they had ribs on a stick so I bought some, let's cook them!". At first I thought they were probably precooked and we'd just have to heat them up but no, these were raw, boneless ribs with a stick stuck in them

With that I fired up the Kettle and SnS and smoked them for just under 2 hours with at most a half basket of coals and a few chunks of peach wood. Hit them with some Stubbs bbq sauce before searing them off and pronounced them done. I wasn't expecting much more than smoke flavored shoe leather but I have to say, these things were good, actually very good.

I'm sure it's not because of my cooking prowess, it was simply good rib meat, much better than expected. If you have a Festival Foods store in your area I'd definitely recommend checking them out!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here