Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Country Style Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Country Style Ribs

Between Meathead's BBQ book (which is great, by the way) and my Smoke and Sear I smoked seven pounds of country style pork ribs. I again forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Sorry. I used a great hint by Adrenalin on my Weber by using three metal clips to seal the lid and it really helped control temperature. The only deviation from the standard Pitmaster approach is that I don't bring the temp to 225 before putting on the meat. I used the SnS instructions and put the cold pork in the Weber after the initial dozen coals were hot and the rest of the coals and wood were added. My wife deemed the effort a success!

If the wife is happy, then you're golden!

Comment

Love country style ribs. Reminds me of the BBQ'd pork growing up.

Comment

Country style just doesn't get enough love, IMO. Simple, tasty. What else would you want?

Comment

Here's some country style ribs I did 3-4 weeks ago
          Attached Files

Comment

• vandy
            vandy commented
            Editing a comment
            DW those are some gorgeous county style ribs, where do you find the bone in ribs like these? All I can find around me lately are the boneless ones.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Sam's club vandy

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            They look delicious! I'll see if my local Sam's has them next time I'm there.

If you will look at Meathead's recently published book on page 205 you will find that Country Style Ribs are NOT ribs but pork chops. And, like pork chops you can find them with or without bones. As a matter of fact I just took three packages out of the freezer and one package is with bone and the other two are boneless. All three packages came from Walmart.

Comment

You got the approval of the number 1 judge. A happy wife is a happy home! Sounds like a good cook.

Comment

What internal temp did you cook them to?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here