Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Laced Pork Loin w/help from @fuzzydaddy and UTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Laced Pork Loin w/help from @fuzzydaddy and UTube

fuzzydaddy, My first attempt at this! Dry Brined with Kosher Salt for 24 Hrs! One Pound of Thick Cut Bacon layed out on Wax Paper in a Laced Grid! Mistake # 1: Don't Use Thick Cut Bacon, Prime Cuts only has Thick Cut Smoked in the Case! Mistake # 2: Only 4-5 ToothPics in the Whole Damned House? What the Hell do You Suppose is Wrong With Eunice? Applied "Dan's Damned Good Rub" to All Sides and Spritzed it with my Secret All Purpose Spritz included with the Rub Recipe! Into a Freezer Bag and Back into the Fridge until tomorrow afternoon! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; July 19, 2016, 01:57 PM.

Looks Great Dan. These are always a big hit. I am hoping you got your bacon cold before weaving. It makes it much easier to work with. Good luck with the cook. Make sure we get some picture out of this one.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spin, Just like the First Beer I ever Had, I Don't Know what to Expect? But I soon figured out I LIKED IT!
      Where are the Alaska Pics? Inquiring minds want to Know!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Looking good Danjohnston949! Here's a tip...remember to remove ALL the toothpicks before slicing and serving. A really sharp knife will cut right through them and then you have small sharp pieces of wood in your pork loin...not good. I speak from experience.

Comment

Here is a few for ya Dan.
      @Danjohnston949
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0667.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	197545 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0678.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	197546 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	197547

Name:	IMG_0746.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	197548

Name:	IMG_0690.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	197549

Name:	IMG_0728.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	197550

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker, Georgous Pic's, Fish, River and Country! I have never been to Alaska or Hawaii but damned few others?
        Where's the Bear? By Now it must be 15' Tall!
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Great looking weave with the bacon Dan. That is going to a good cook

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        jharner, Thanks! This is Definately Proof You Eat with the Eyes First! fuzzydaddy had posted a Pic and a
        Link to UTube and I never captured it at the time? Fuzzy solved that Problem for me! Cook this Afternoon then
        I will Know? From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

fuzzydaddy, Spinaker, jharner I Injected the Bacon Laced Pork Loin with Can't Believe It's Not Butter and Garlic Juice! Mustard Sauce to be Slathered before Cook @ 1:30 PM!
      More Later! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• jharner
        jharner commented
        Editing a comment
        Off to a great start!

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
      fuzzydaddy, Spinaker, jharner I Injected the Bacon Laced Pork Loin with Can't Believe It's Not Butter and Garlic Juice! Mustard Sauce to be Slathered before Cook @ 1:30 PM!
      More Later! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      Damn, that dude is gonna be some kinda rich. I will look for smoke signals to the north when you smoking this bad boy!! Good luck my friend. I hope to see the finished product.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker, Guest, Guest, Drive Fast and you Will get here before I throw it to the Dogs! BTW what Temp do you fellows use for the Cook of Bacon Weaved Pork Loin? 325* ? ABCBarbeque.com let me down and AR Recipe Section doesn't want to Load? From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Danjohnston949 I cooked mine at 325. Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm out and about with my son who's visiting me in Florida thru the weekend.

Name:	IMG_3947.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	197937

Comment

• PSULion
        PSULion commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks fantastical!!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks PSULion. It was definitely guuud!

Hey Dan - did you rub the tenderloin before wrapping, or just on top of the bacon?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bob's BBQ, I did Rub it First and Then Sprinkeled some More On After it Was Bacon Laced! Then I Spritzed it to
        Set the Rub overnight in Refridgerator! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Bob's BBQ
        Bob's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Dan! Definitely going to give this a try.

Danjohnston949 I cook mine at 350 F. Really crisp up that bacon. I cook it until in the interior is at 150 F and then let it rest and settle down too 155 F.

Comment

fuzzydaddy, Spinaker, jharner, Bob's BBQ, Just before I Put it On The Grill @ 325* F, I Sauced the it with a 50/50 Mix of Frenches Yellow Mustard and Kraft Honey Mustard Salad Dressing! It took I Hr 40 Min to reach 145* F! Wrapped in Kraft Paper, the Alum Foil and into the Faux Cambre For 2-3 Hrs! I let you know when I Slice It! Thanks for the Help Guys! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• jharner
          jharner commented
          Editing a comment
          Got me licking my chops

fuzzydaddy, Spinaker, jharner, Well it Spent about 3 Hrs in the Faux Cambro! The Onion Flower baked in the mean time! Pretzel Roll and Potatoe
        Salad completed the Meal!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you fixed a wonderful meal. The bacon is really dark. Did it taste burnt?

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          fuzzydaddy, jharner, Spinaker, I thought it might taste Scorched Too when I took it off the Grill but I couldn't
          Smell or Taste any evidence of it being so! The next one I do will Definately Use Thin Cut Bacon for Slicing Ease!
          Good Luck with Yours jharner! From a Backyard Cremator in FGO, Dan

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent Danjohnston949. Glad to hear it was tasty!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here