Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone try Pork Brisket??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try Pork Brisket??

Asked the guy who owns a local grocer/meat market if they had pork belly. He said they did. Got excited only to find out it is pork brisket ($1.99/lb)

Pork brisket is pretty much what is left over from the bottom of the picnic and then some extension into the pork belly.

Ironically it is just the opposite of a beef brisket with respect to what is fatty and what is lean.

Like pickled cow's feet, never tried pork brisket ... it just seems wrong!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Never did the pickled pig's feet so no worries there. Pig stomach "choudin" is off the chain thanks to some good stuffing. Home made cracklins can't be beat, unless you eat a ton dipped in vinegar, drink a Budweiser, all at the age of 12 while weighing a whopping 80 pounds. You will vomit.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Choudin? Sounds a bit like Cajun haggis. Since I'm one of those of Scot/Irish descent who actually likes (some) haggis, perhaps I'll have to try choudin next time I'm in the neighborhood.

• Juddlight
      Juddlight commented
      Editing a comment
      I like pickled pork hocks lol 😆

I imagine you can low and slow it and come up with something tasty. It's pork after all.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      That was my thinking. I also thought about separating the fatty, smoke it to 165, then chill, slice, and make "pseudo bacon."

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like a plan Jerod Broussard

unless there are pics'.... it never happened!

Comment

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      he should know better than anyone!

Originally posted by CurlingDog View Post
    unless there are pics'.... it never happened!
    This was a 1 pound beef patty formed from home grown calf ground meat with a liberal application of Tony chachere's, fried in oil to get a crust then wrapped in foil and cooked until an internal temperature of 170, extra juices poured over the hamburger steak and it was consumed. No other condiments applied.
    Attached Files

Comment

Jerod Broussard - OK ... so it's clear that the plate was licked. That happened. Not sure about that hamburger story though ... ...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        What do you think those little tiny specks are!!!!??? Come on man!!!

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard - those tiny specs could be crushed garlic of all I know. That wold make that plate so tasty you had to take a bite. That I understand! Been there, done that.

Jerod Broussard Proper! lol!

Comment

That shot is a fake setup... never happened!

Comment

Are those bite marks on the plate?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here