Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up some Pork Belly today at Costco - give me some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up some Pork Belly today at Costco - give me some ideas

It's cut into strips, roughly 1/2" - 3/4" thick and 12" long.

My Filipino buddy told me that he bakes it,(skin-side up), at 375 degrees, with salt, pepper and garlic powder. He cranks up the heat, the last 15 minutes, to crisp up the skin.

I was thinking of marinating in a little salt, pepper, lime juice, (Mrs Skinfan just bought another sack of limes from Costco), and garlic and doing a reverse sear, on the SnS to crisp it up.

Ok, Pit Bretheren, tell me you smoke/grill pork belly.

Thanks!

I did a pressure cooked pork belly adobo which was INCREDIBLE.
    This site did the same recipe I used, from MC@Home.
    If you've explored the Modernist Cuisine at Home then you probably know that its recipes can be hit or miss. More so than any other "cookbo...

Alternatively, bacon. Ruhlman has many ideas in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
      I did a pressure cooked pork belly adobo which was INCREDIBLE.
      This site did the same recipe I used, from MC@Home.
      If you've explored the Modernist Cuisine at Home then you probably know that its recipes can be hit or miss. More so than any other "cookbo...

Alternatively, bacon. Ruhlman has many ideas in that direction.
      Thanks!

Comment

How about some bacon or porchetta??

Comment

Char Siu it, using the glaze recipe from Meathead's Char Siu ribs recipe.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here