Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd pulled pork in SnS on kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd pulled pork in SnS on kettle

Well making my second attempt at pulled pork. Started at 9pm last night and loaded up SnS will full chimney of kings ford competition. Went to bed w Maverick 733 on the job. Woke up at 4 am when temp dropped to 216. Checked it out and was just about out of water. Filled up w hot water and buttoned up. Got alarm at 730 am at 185F IT when I wrapped the pork to finish the cook to 203. Faux cam after for pool party today. Pic from right before wrap Wish me luck. Mitchl
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mitchl; June 25, 2016, 04:37 AM.

Doesn't look like luck will be needed - looks GREAT!

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1

Definitely looking good!!!

Comment

Those little guy look great. The SNS strikes again.

Comment

Fine looking butts and your photo is really good too! And as has been said, no luck needed as you've got this one nailed!

Comment

thanks to Huskee, fuzzydaddy and LA Pork Butt for your help and suggestions. I drilled a 5/8" hole above the grate for temp probes that made it much easier to deal with. The faux cam and wrapping at 185 worked great and the meat temp was 172 IT when I got to party a few hours later. The meat was succulent and the bark while softened still had smokey chewiness. Folks at party enjoyed. Got some nice complements and some kudos from other aspiring BBQ and smoke masters.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mitchl; June 26, 2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here