Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockin' some ribs on the kettle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockin' some ribs on the kettle!

Finally. Nothing else to do, no crisises, no projects, no chores. Here are some photos, I'll see you all in about 7-8 hours.

We'll see you but you won't see us.....hahahaha

Comment

GREAT setting, Mosca ! I'm with you on the BBs. Did a couple racks last night myself.

Glad you have no crises, no project, just a nice down day to smoke some faves! Looking forward to hearing how they turn out and how you like the SnS!

Comment

Mosca, Tom, Your Weber is to Clean!, Your S 'n S lighting Procedure looks Right! the only criticism I can make is that you perhaps should foil the coal
        Grate opposite the S 'n S on the indirect cooking side with a drip pan on top of the foil! This will force all of the air from the vents up and through the
        Coals in the S 'n S! I have a SS Baffle I use instead of Foil!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I should have put something there to catch the drippings; live and learn.

Have fun and enjoy those ribs. I really like your green kettle and it looks great with the BGE.

Comment

I call this cook a complete success! These ribs are truly wonderful! There are notes under the photos. One artistic note, the freakin' iPad camera chose some pretty freaky white balance on the finished food shots. If this was more important I'd work on that, but just use your imagination to warm those up a tad!

General observations: maintaining temp is reasonably easy. It varied from 225 to 260, but pretty much stayed in the 240-255 zone. It took me about 90 minutes to get that dialed in; not bad for a first timer, the BGE experience helped I think.

Total time over flame was 5 hours, ribs were on at 12:30 and I shut the dampers at 5:45. At that time, the grate temp was dropping to around 220 and the fuel was pretty much spent. I blame that on weather, temperature was around 70 and there was a steady wind of 20 mph, with stronger gusts. The umbrellas were down and tied all day. Still, I dunno about an overnight brisket. That might always be a BGE project.

I like this unit, a lot. I could do ribs on either grill and expect great results, I can do pulled pork on the BGE and use the kettle as a burger machine, I can pretty much do anything. The possibilities are limitless!

Comment

These are looking very good. It sotra looks like you have green twins...

Comment

Nice work! You should really expect at least 8hrs, even in winter weather. Methinks an ash-knock at about the 5hrs mark and a coal stir & cleanout will help you get a few more hours next time.

Comment

I love the big table the BGE sits in. I need to keep my eyes open as I pass garage sales!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here