Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Foods Market St Louis ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vandy
    replied
    Thanks for all the kind words, they were really great but I have to give credit where credit is due, they were only successful with all the great advise from all you great people on this site. Thanks and my hat is off to all of you for all the help!
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    I'll eat out of focus ribs anytime! Love ribs and yours look fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Congrats on a successful cook.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    vandy, Great looking Ribs I like your Smoker and Thermometer Too! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad to help that's what we're here for

• vandy
    replied
    I forgot to mention also that I tried these ribs the way DWCowles did without wrapping them, just the whole cook on the cooking grate and no liquid in the cooker. So thanks DW for this tip, the bark on the ribs did not get steamed off of them and the flavor was awesome. Apparently Ben Lang is right you don't need a water pan inside these smokers.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    Looks GREAT!!

Leave a comment:

• vandy
    started a topic Whole Foods Market St Louis ribs

Whole Foods Market St Louis ribs

I bought some St Louis style ribs from Whole Foods Market Friday and cooked 1 slab of them yesterday on my Lang and I have to say that they were really good. I cooked them at around 225 for about 5 hours and they were a little overcooked but they were good, but just fall off the bone tender which is how my wife likes them anyway so what the heck. I cooked them with peach wood with a little hickory mixed in, this is the first time I have used peach wood to cook with but it smells so good when it is burning, a nice sweet smell. My temp stayed pretty steady at 225 most of the time but went to around 250 a couple of times and down to 200 when I forgot because I was fooling with something else. The ribs were really meaty and I only trimmed maybe an ounce or 2 of fat off of them. Price wise they probably cost me a little more than the Costco ribs that I usually buy, I got 2 slabs that were around 6.5 pounds total weight for 37 bucks so I did not think that was too bad. That is about what I pay for 3 slabs at Costco but the slabs are smaller so not a bad deal. Sorry I did not get more photos of them, most of them were out of focus because of my not so steady hands and a cheap camera, lol.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here