Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maple bacon on its way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maple bacon on its way

I purchased a 9.5 pound pork belly at Costco for $26. I started the curing process Saturday. Stay tuned. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7035.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	166397

Yum! We'll be tuned....

Comment

Warning!!! You'll spoil yourself & and never be happy with store bought bacon again!!!! Enjoy!

Comment

I don't mind at this price.........lol

Comment

9 pounds a bacon and a bloody mary at noon...don't judge

Comment

You'll be happy. That stuff is awesome.

Comment

Looking forward to your results, and photos of course!

Comment

Turned out awesome. I followed the maple bacon recipe to a T. I made just about 10lbs and shared it with a few co-workers. It was one big piece that I broke down to 3 equal pieces as you see in pick. Then after the smoke I cut those pieces into thirds and shared my creation. Let me just say that the guys went to Costco and bout two more bellies and are making me smoke them.

Comment

Try the Asian style bacon cure - it'll blow your mind!

Comment

I will try that. I just need to figure out where to buy a few of those spices

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here